Thursday, 31 January 2008

It's SN...oh no...raining....

The weather for the past few minutes.
Rain, heavy rain, strong wind, sleet, SNOWWWWW.....rain, sleet, SNOWWWWWW.....rain rain rain....

i'm not kidding
Edinburgh's weather is restless. The weather changes in a matter of seconds!

The happy thing: Finished the extremely mundane process of typing, searching database, printing, waiting for the printer, retype, think, search database, fold and stuff envelopes for SSC today, good results, and gratefulness.

Somehow, gratefulness brings happiness to me, or rather JOY. Being annoyed at everything that doesn't go my way doesn't make me happy. Having things going my way might make me happy. But that is not joy.

I took some timeout this few days and thought about things. I've been quite uptight recently. Might not show it that much, but there's this constant thing in my head that makes me judging things and people. Judging the ways of people. Or even the weather. Not good.

And suddenly, i stopped it. It was a concious decision. I chose not too. and suddenly, i felt pretty happy again.

I'm currently hooked on Baba O' Riley by The Who, 'See the World' by Gomez, and dare I say it, Damien Rice. All from House's soundtrack. very very catchy. Damien Rice suits the mood of winter somehow. See the World adds a bit of light to winter, and Baba O' Riley...hmm...it's just a great tune, like Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. It's so complex, but it just fits! But all the music will mask the sound of the howling wind. :)

No comments: