Monday, 9 February 2009

Jigsaw, Sudoku, Crossword, Life.

i'm toying around with...

the opportunity to do a summer vacation project in...


BEIJING!


I was meeting with cardio professor yesterday. A very nice young man, really. and the first question he asked me was "Can you speak Chinese?" Apparently there's a collabaration between UoE and Beijing University on some cardio project. The first thing i could think of is brush it off! After all, i've planned my summer vacation around the fact that i'd be in Edinburgh. And possibly visiting parts of scotland or even uk when i'm freeier. And visiting my niece sometime. Still can't believe i'm an aunt! :P And serving in church and PCCF and hanging out with edinburgh friends staying back for vacation projects too.

But...

What if i took it??

i can't help but think that. What if? 

What if God wants me to go? Could i just brush it off? 

It'd definitely be an exciting experience. An experience totally out of my comfort zone for sure, but i quite like the idea of an adventure for now. Maybe i'm studying too much of urine. But an adventure sounds real good at this moment. I'm certain if i go i'd learn a lot. I'm certain of that. I'm not certain on whether i'd get along with people, get used to the Chinese working culture (despite being chinese by ethnicity :P), get used to accommodation there, weather or the way of life there. I'm not even certain whether i'll get there safely or get back safely! Certainly these things are in His hands, but i wish i could just see which path to take. But for now, i'd just dream of it.... :)

But what if God wants me to stay? 

God has the veto power in my decision. But if it was left to me, i really can't decide, at least for now.

Parents have veto power too. Wonder what they'd say. All along i've been with my brother. I wonder whether they'd let me go somewhere without him for once. 

hmm...what do you think?? :)

God help me do this puzzle the best i can. For your glory. For you. You alone. 
Help me run a good race, fight a good fight. Every moment. :)


2 comments:

Evelyncyl said...

Wow. I love Beijing!

Go for it!!!!

Anonymous said...

like i said,i'm all for cheenaism of late,maybe once and for all ,it'll be good to prove that sam is not indispensable,hahaha.stereotypes aside,i think the chinese are really generous,loyal,warm people who will not hesitate to share whatever they know or have with you.it's your choice to make :D