Thursday, 29 January 2009

hola!

I've been taking spanish classes for 3 weeks now and it's been fun! that's the good part. The not-so-good part is i feel like i learn more in spanish classes than in med school classes. Hola! Que tal?  Muy Bien? Me llamo Charis. Yo soy betty la fea? hhahahaha.... nah. :D it's fun coz you are just thrown into the unknown the moment you enter the class. And we aren't supposed to speak any english in class. makes things even more interesting. And i found out i've some sort of pronounciation problem. A lot of chinese can't pronounce 'l' or 'r'. I can't pronounce the 'th-' sound like in 'that' or 'this' or 'the' properly. Funny i found that out after slightly less than 18 years of speaking english, and finding that out in a spanish class. 

I think i'm still in love with neuro. hahahaha.... Genetics was flat to me. It wasn't easy, but it was dreadful to try to study it. I don't know why. Renal is a bit more interesting, but i've been sleeping in lectures consecutively because the lec-tu-rer-talks-so-slow-coz-he-likes-to-talk-one-sy-lla-ble-at-a-time. It's good for copying notes, but it just gets tiring after 30 mins, what more when on wednesdays we have 9-1 lectures. But still it's a lot of stuff on lil molecules crossing lil holes in lil tubes. I really need to start to learn to appreciate things i can't see more. Especially when i can't see a lot of stuff. Hahaha....

I had 2 you-are-very-short jokes from my GP this week. Seriously, i'm going to count the amount of times she makes fun of my lack of height. hahaha.... We were entering the room to see a patient and i was second last to enter. The patient must have said 'Ooh, they are tall' right before i came in, coz the moment i came in, all my GP said was 'Yes, they are tall. Except Charis of course!" with a huge grin across her face. And i was banned from doing the Romberg's test where you test a patient's neurological functions, asking them to close their eyes and see whether they fall, catching them if they fall. The patient was overweight and taller than me. Not a good idea to catch him i would say. but pfftttt.... i'm banned from doing it! can't believe it. i should go build some muscles to make up for my lack of other stuff. hah!

I had a very good potluck dinner for cny eve. Cooked pork noodles for my cell on cny night and they sapu-ed it. I've been 'punished' by my flatmates to cook the whole week. It was technically a deal thing. flatmate said i've to cook the whole week if i got an A for my exams and i thought it was impossible so i kinda didn't say anything. Don't remember if i agreed. But i'm cooking anyway. hahaha.... Thank God for Jamie Oliver and his perfect roast chicken. hahaha. 

Anyway, that was a long post to make up for the lack of posts (now, in the past and in the near future). adios! hasta luego! :) 

No comments: