Sunday, 30 August 2009

Happy Birthday Malaysia.

I'm back. And August is nearly over.

I really spent more time outside home than at home this August. Travelling can really be tiring, but it's too often fulfilling. Even the journey itself.

It was great to catch up with relatives and all. All my cousins are growing up. I'm the second oldest female cousin on my mom's side, so I used to be quite tall among them. Then I stopped growing. We have this funny tradition of taking photos year after year with the shortest on one side and the tallest on the opposite end. We call it the 'do-re-mi' photo. I used to be 'so' in that lineup. Now, I've been demoted to 're'! Seriously. I'm feeling short. Even the youths in my church are getting so tall, and some of them are still in primary school! Man!

Being at Muar means a few things - tuned upwards, connected sideways, rooted downwards. It's been a wonderful time, but as always, challenging. I had some time to examine myself, check my decisions and stands over the past year. It's always not easy to really mean 'Search my heart oh God', when you are so certain that there are things not 100% accurate in there. But it's needed if I were to please Him.

I'm down with a bug, and i've been rejoicing because of the abundance of yellow phlegm. Yellow phlegm means bacterial infection means not H1N1, right? I totally forgot that bacterial infection may lead to secondary viral infection and bam, i've got one - as diagnosed by my loving daddy doctor. I've no idea whether it's H1N1, (i'm really hoping it's not) but i'm rather weak physically. Coughing can be really tiring I must say.

It's Merdeka day, so happy merdeka everyone, while i will try hard to be liberated from this infection. Merdeka day also means Salvation Army Charity Sale, which also means my dad has bought me pretty floating helium balloons. Yes, I'm turning 20 this year, but it's been a tradition. I used to love those balloons so much, I'd look in awe for hours, seeing them float about in the sky. Wasn't feeling too well this morning but when I saw the balloons, I can't help but chuckle.


2 comments:

xl said...

how sweet of daddy dearest.get well soon girl! i'm having the bug again as well,such a pain! anyway.when're u headed back to edinburgh

charis said...

yea....my dad is a pack of sugary goodness. haha... you get well soon too dear! get plenty of rest even if you are busy, make time for it, it's well worth it. :D i'm heading back 18th sept.