Sunday, 26 April 2009

are you really listening?

i wasn't for quite a long while. Getting caught up with the little Martha things. Oh where are the equipments they promised? where are the jacks? where are the mics? where is so-and-so? what time is it now? how much time do we have left? what else needs to be done? what am i forgetting? argh.... why is God not helping me? why isn't everything just smooth sailing?

Didn't you say your grace is sufficient?
Didn't you say I can do all things through you?
Really?
Really?
How could it be?
Why is it so hard?

What? there's somemore stuff to worry about? what now?

Then He grabbed me.
And said,
My grace is truly sufficient for you.
I love you.
Trust me.
Why are you worrying?
Stop worrying about the details, you don't need those to please me.
Just listen to me.
Are you really listening?
I love you.
Turn back to me.
Look at the cross.
I love you that much.

I look around wanting you to calm the seas. But sometimes you just walk to me on that rough sea, and called me to you on as the winds rage on.
I look to you to remove that mountain. But this time, You wanted me to wait upon you and then make me soar with you on eagles wings.
I look to you, burdened, feeling tired, desperate. You stuck with me the whole way and gave me rest and reassurance.
I look to you, scared and timid. Your perfect love drives out fear.
I look to you expecting great things. You exceeded any of my expectations.
I look to you crying out for things to happen. You poured out your spirit, your love among your people.

Oh God. you are God. you are good God. Amazing God. You alone are God. Your love never fails.

Let me then open my ears
open my heart
open my eyes
Let me really listen
really see
Your ways and not just your acts.
Let me not be caught up in the fire or earthquake
but listen to your still small voice in the midst of the storm.

--------

Retreat was awesome!!!!! :) Beginning of many new things.Renewal of minds, refreshing of spirits. Showers of love, and mercy unending. :) Praise Him! :D

The same God that seen me through last year, the same God that seen me through last week, the same God that seen me through the past weekend is the same God that will see me through my whole life. through eternity.

The same grace which worked despite of my weakness in the past shall continue to work everyday of my life.

Same old? Same old! :)





1 comment:

Evelyncyl said...

very nice! PTL! :)